Theme Battles are a weekly event here at Theme Lab, and here’s how it works:
- Every week, two uncoded themes will “battle” for the chance to get coded into a fully functional WordPress theme
- Judging from only screenshots of the designs, visitors can vote once per week for the theme they would most like to see coded into a theme.
- The winning theme will then get hand-coded, by me, into a fully functional WordPress theme, compatible with the latest version of WordPress at the time.
- Once coded, it will be treated like any other free WordPress theme release at Theme Lab, with free support being provided in the forums.
- The losing theme will be released as well, but only in uncoded PSD form. You’re free to do whatever you want with this PSD, even code it yourself.
Are you a designer who wants to submit your PSD to compete in a theme battle here at Theme Lab? Since the themes here are free, we can’t offer any monetary compensation, however it’s a great way to get some exposure for your design skills. Here’s how it works:
- Get in touch with me through my contact form with a screenshot of your design
- Design doesn’t necessarily have to be a blog layout, I can make pretty much anything work as a WordPress theme.
- There should be a comments layout included in the design, including the submit form and threaded comments.
- PSD must be layered and well organized, so it’s more efficient for me to code.
- The theme can include a link back to your homepage, and it will include a link to Theme Lab as well.
- If your theme wins, keep in mind the theme will be released under a GPL-compliant license.
There will still be some regular theme releases mixed in that aren’t a part of these battles. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.