New hosting from JaguarPC
If can see this post right now, then you’re viewing the site from our new host, JaguarPC. I became completely fed up with the previous host, HostNine (not going to give them a link), and decided enough was enough. Earlier today you may have noticed lots of issues accessing the website, especially the demo server, which I know was completely inaccessible for me for quite some time. Just a few tips when getting hosting:
- If a host says they have a “99.9% uptime guarantee, never believe it.
- Do your homework. Read verifiable reviews, testimonials, etc.
- Try to avoid “overselling” or hosting plans offering way too many resources than are actually available.
- Go with established hosts with solid reputations and stay away from the “fly-by-night” hosting companies.
- Don’t choose the absolute cheapest host you can find. Chances are these cheap hosts will cause more headaches than its worth.
Hopefully I won’t have to run into these hosting issues in the future. Theme Lab has really been growing fast and traffic is increasing by the day. JaguarPC has been around since 1998, they have a great reputation in the industry, and I’m confident to have this site hosted with them. Let me know of any bugs you come across while browsing the site, although I should have everything taken care of.